Important Notice - Ford Financials Privacy Statement
Revised March 13 , 2007
At Ford Financials, we value you as a customer. We share your concerns about privacy. We are providing this notice to explain how we treat personal information (“customer information”) that is not public. This is information we obtain from you or other sources when we provide you with products and services.
We want you to know that we respect your privacy; and we protect your information.
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not share your information with persons, companies, or organizations outside of Ford Financials that would use that information to contact you about their products and services.
- We expect persons or organizations that provide services on our behalf to keep your information confidential. We also expect those persons or organizations to use your information only to provide the services we have asked them to perform.
- We convey to our employees about the need to protect your information. We have established safeguards (these are physical, electronic and procedural) to protect this information.
Attention Internet users . . .
This notice provides information about your use of our Web site. This includes:
- Logging on and our use of online data collecting devices known as "cookies;"
- Who should use our web site;
- The security of data transmitted over the Internet; and
- Links and co-branded sites.
Below are answers to questions you might have about privacy. You may be wondering.. .
What do we do with yourinformation?
We do not sell your customer or medical information to anyone. We do not share this information with companies or organizations outside of Ford Financials that would use it to contact you about their products and services. If that practice were to change, we would offer you the means to opt out of this type of information sharing. Also, we would obtain your consent before sharing your medical information for marketing purposes.
I may use your information to help you with your insurance needs. I may also contact you about products, features, and options in which you have expressed an interest. Without your consent, I may provide your information to persons or organizations in and out of Ford Financials. This would be done as permitted or required by law. We may do this to:
- Fulfill a transaction you have requested.
- Service your policy.
- Market our products to you.
- Investigate or handle claims.
- Detect or prevent fraud.
- Participate in insurance support organizations. The information in a report prepared by an insurance organization may be retained by that organization and distributed to other persons.
- Comply with lawful requests from regulatory and law enforcement authorities.
These persons or organizations may include:
- Our affiliated companies.
- Companies that perform services, such as marketing, on our behalf.
- Other financial institutions with which we have an agreement for the sale of financial products.
- Other insurance companies. This would be done so they could perform their role in an insurance transaction involving you.
- Independent claims adjusters.
- A business or businesses that conduct actuarial or research studies.
- People who request information pursuant to a subpoena or court order.
- Repair shops and recommended claims vendors.
- Your agent or broker.
What kind of customer information do we have, and where did we get it?
Much of the information that we have about you comes from you. When you perform certain transactions, you may give us information such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, family member information, credit/debit card numbers, auto/property ownership and/or Social Security Number. These transactions include when you submit an application for insurance, submit a request for insurance, submit a request for products and services we offer, or submit a request for an insurance quote. We keep information about the types of services you purchase from us and our affiliates. Examples of this include premiums, account balances, and payment history. We may collect information from our web site. This includes your activity while using our site and information from online collecting devices known as “cookies” (see below). We may collect information from outside sources such as consumer reporting agencies and health care providers. The information we collect may include the following:
- Loss information reports.
- Motor vehicle reports.
- Credit reports.
- Medical information.
How do we protect your customer information?
We expect any company with whom we share your information to use it only to provide the service we have asked them to perform. Information about you is also available within Ford Financials. It is available to those people who may need to use it to meet and service the needs of our customers. We communicate the need to protect your information to all employees and agents. We especially communicate this need to people who have access to it. Plus, we have established physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information.
Note that if your relationship with us ends, your information will remain protected. This protection will be provided according to our privacy practices outlined in this notice.
How can you find out what information we have about you?
You may request to see, or obtain by mail, the information about you in our records. If you believe that our information is incomplete or inaccurate, you may request that we correct, add to, or delete from the disputed information. To fulfill your request, we may make arrangements to copy and disclose your information to you on our behalf. This may be done with an insurance support organization or a consumer reporting agency. You may also request a more complete description of the entities to which we disclose your information, or the conditions that might warrant such disclosures. Please send any of the requests listed above in writing to:
James E Ford Tax and Accounting Services
Customer Privacy Inquiries
3170 Vista Del Camino, Ste. K
Marina, CA 93933
If you are an Internet user…
Our web site, FordFinancials.com, provides information about us, our products, and the agencies and brokers that represent us. You may also perform some transactions on the web site. This Privacy Statement applies to users of FordFinancials.com, regardless of whether the user is an Ford Financials customer. In addition, as an Internet user, you should be aware of the following . . . .
What are cookies and how are they used?
Who Should Use Our Web Site?
Our Web site is for insurance and financial products and services and is not intended for children. We offer insurance and financial products and services and thus do not market any products or services to children under the age of thirteen or knowingly collect any information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that information is or has been submitted by or collected from a child under the age of thirteen, we will delete this information.
What security procedures do we use to guard against the loss, misuse, alteration, or theft of information while that information is being submitted to Ford Financials over the Internet?
E-mail messages are not secure. Our security software does not encrypt e-mail messages. E-mail messages traveling through the Internet are subject to viewing, alteration, and copying by potentially anyone on the Internet.
We take seriously the issue of safeguarding your privacy online. However, please note that you should exercise discretion with respect to the submission of any personal or financial information via e-mail. Please keep in mind that transmitting information via e-mail over the Internet is never completely secure and thus any information submitted may be intercepted, collected, used or disclosed by others. If you are concerned about the security of your communication, we encourage you to send your correspondence through the postal service or use the telephone to speak directly to us. We are not responsible for the security or confidentiality of communications you send to us through the Internet using e-mail messages.
What can you do as a customer to help maintain the security of information when accessing Ford Financials over the Internet?
Some steps you can take to maintain the security of your information include:
- Utilize the latest, generally proven version of the Netscape, Microsoft Explorer or the America Online browser. Our site is most secure when using one of these browsers.
We hope you have found this Important Notice helpful. If you are not comfortable with any of the terms or policies described in this Privacy Statement, we ask that you discontinue use of our site. Please be aware that we may periodically update or revise this Privacy Statement. If we change our online Privacy Statement, we will post a notice on our homepage notifying users that the policy has been revised.